Dear Professional Colleagues,
We have completed yet another month, and we have another opportunity to address the members of the institute through the newsletter about the recent developments and changes brought through by EIRC-ICSI.
The fresh wave of Covid-19 positive cases has prompted the Government of West Bengal to issue fresh guidelines on lockdown on specific days of the week.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the Ministry of Finance has been bringing out amendments and relaxations to the stakeholders at large. The MCA brought out amendments relating to Corporate Social Responsibility, filing of Form PAS-6 relating to reconciliation of share capital audit. Apart from that, there have been changes relating to Indian Accounting Standards and amendments have been made thereof. Furthermore, the CBDT has extended the due date of filing income tax returns to September 30 and also, the RBI has extended the due date for filing FLA returns to August 14.
The Government of India has also brought out a new website for the registration of MSMEs – Udyam. Under that website, a MSME business which was registered under the old Udyog Aadhaar website can also be registered on the new website. A number of economic reforms including compliance relaxations have also been brought by different government agencies to aid the businesses in India.
The Institute has been relentlessly carrying out webinars on latest amendments and pressing matters to make sure the professionals can make the most of the time during lock-down. EIRC has conducted a Webinar on the topic “Critical Issues under GST – Role of Company Secretaries” on 11th July as a part of the GST Day Celebration.
Our members have also contributed articles, which we have presented in our professional newsletter for the benefit of the stakeholders. Due to lock-down, no programmes were held in physical mode to comply with the Government directions to curb and prevent the spread of corona virus at physical gatherings.
July 2020 being the Student’s Month, a number of activities were conducted for the benefit of the Students of ICSI hailing from EIRC region. The following programmes were organised in the online mode during the Students Month Celebration:
1. Quiz contest for Students held on Friday, 3rd July,2020
2. Sanitization Awareness Program held on Friday, 3rd July, 2020
3. Demo Classes for Foundation December 2020 Examination on Wednesday, 8th July, 2020
4. Session on “Interpretation of Statute” on Thursday, 9th July, 2020 from 11AM to 12 Noon
5. Career Counselling Session “Career as a Company Secretary” Organized by Department of Commerce Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri College on Friday, 10th July, 2020
6. Webinar on Transforming Challenges into Opportunities “Career as a Company Secretary” by Department of Commerce the Heritage College on Friday,10th July, 2020
7. Demo Classes for Executive December 2020 Examination on Friday, 10th July, 2020
8. Interactive Session on Latest Developments/Updates in the field of Education & the Expectations of Stakeholders of the Institute on Tuesday, 14th July 2020
9. “Samadhan Divas”- Zero Grievance Day on 19th July, 2020
10. Session on “Life Skills” on 19th July, 2020 on topic- “Slave your Habits and Master the World”
11. Motivational Session for Students on 20th July, 2020
12. Interactive Session on “Corporate Culture” for Students on Saturday, 25th July, 2020
13. Session on “CS-A Key Managerial Personnel” for Students on Saturday 25th July, 2020
14. Debate Competition for student on Sunday, 26th July, 2020 on the Topic: SOCIAL MEDIA - has Improved Human Communication.
15. Session on Presentation & Communication Skills on Sunday, 26th July, 2020
16. Programme on topic: How to appear in interview on Monday, 27th July, 2020
17. Session on “Basic Understanding of GST” on 28th July, 2020
18. Kargil Victory Day- Essay writing competition (Topic: Role of auditing in context of armed forces)
19. Power Point Competition on Topic: Challenges faced by Company Secretaries during Coronavirus and lockdown period
20. Education Fair for a period of 5 days from 27th July, 2020 to 31st July 2020
I congratulate Team EIRO for planning, coordinating and successfully organising all the events of Students Month and I believe that the reigning champions will become victorious this year too.
I am pleased to inform you that Shri Uttam Kumar Sahoo, RoC, Kolkata has joined the office in place of Shri K G Joseph Jackson, I take the opportunity to express our gratitude to Shri Jackson for his support and guidance to EIRC. I welcome new RoC sir and believe to get the same support and guidance in our future endeavours also.
I take this opportunity to acknowledge the participation of members across the Eastern Region in the Annual General Meeting of EIRC held on 30th July for successfully organising through videoconferencing in this pandemic times. I express my gratitude to all the members for their unflinching support to EIRC in such a difficult time. I appeal to all the members, once again, to enrol to CSBF for not only strengthening the future of our family but also to strengthen the corpus of CSBF.
Please feel free to share your views and suggestions for the betterment of the Newsletter to me. My coordinates are given below:
With Warm Regards,
CS PRIYADARSHI NAYAK
Chairman, EIRC of ICSI
Kolkata, The 10th July, 2020