The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has set up Hooghly Chapter, as its first extension of the Eastern India Regional Council in the state of West Bengal located at Rishra on 8th March,2008. The Hooghly Chapter covers the highly populated areas of Howrah and Hooghly districts of West Bengal. Many Big Industrial units are located in this area like Jaya Shree Textiles (An Aditya Birla Group Company), Berger Paints, Hindustan National Glass, Howrah Jute Mills etc.
The Hooghly Chapter office is equipped with all the latest infrastructure facilities and has a front office, updated and renovated library with WIFI facility and a well equipped conference hall with a seating capacity of more than 60 delegates. Now the students of Hooghly and Howrah districts are having privilege of appearing in the examinations at their home centers since December, 2012 onwards.
The Chapter is organizing huge number of quality training programmes for the students and Professional Development Programmes for members covering the relevant part of the Companies Act, 2013. The Hooghly Chapter of EIRC of ICSI has grown manifold in last six years and has become a dependable outlet for the students and aspiring Company Secretaries in and around Hooghly Region and has created an impact on the minds of students through its impressive students service, standard and dedicated training programmes, cost effective workshops/ study circle meetings, so that the students from other states like Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar and Assam are coming all the way to Rishra, to complete their training from Hooghly Chapter. The 3rd Students Conference of Hooghly Chapter, which was held on 22nd September, 2013, had witnessed the record participation of more than 1200 aspiring CS students.
Hooghly Chapter Update
Latest @ ICSI
- Crash Course on Corporate Restructuring- Registration Open
- Crash Course on Offenses and penal provisions of Companies Act,2013- Registration Open
- Webinar with IIM Jammu on 11th August.
- Carry Forward of CSEET fees paid for August 2020 session to November 2020 session
- November 2020 session of CSEET to be held on 28th November 2020.
- Conducting of 1st CSEET on 29th August 2020 through Remote Proctored Mode.
- Temporary relaxation in Regulations 46BA and 46BB of the Company Secretaries Regulations 1982 (as amended upto 3rd February, 2020) due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Online Endorsement of Member Verification Under ICSI-ICSA MoU
- FAQ Merging of June 2020 to December 2020 CS Examination
- ICSI Academic Collaborations with Universities and Academic Institutions
- CSEET e-bulletin for the month of July 2020
- Enrolment Guidelines for December,2020 Examination
- Relaxation for complying with requirements of Pre-examination test and One Day Orientation Program for enrollment to Institute's December 2020 exam session
- List of Examination Centres for CS Examinations – December, 2020
- Opening of New Examination Centres
- COVID 19- Regulatory Updates, Vol 3
- Time Table for CS Examination December, 2020 for Executive and Professional Programme Examination
- Time Table for CS Examination December, 2020 for Computer-Based Examination for Foundation Programme
- Time Table for PMQ Programme Examination
- Merging of CS June, 2020 Exams with December, 2020 Exams
- ICSI's participation in virtual Education Expo of Hindustan Times from 22nd June 2020 to 31st July 2020
- ICSI INFO CAPSULE: a daily update on regulatory, judicial matters and market watch
- The last date of payment of annual membership fee and certificate of practice fee for FY 2020-21 has been extended till 30th September 2020.
- Members - last date of fees payment extended
- National Online Quiz on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Extension in the provision of making e MSOP accessible to eligible students and submission of first and second quarterly reports upto 30th September 2020.
- Allowing one more attempt to students of 2012 old syllabus
- Board Meeting, General Meeting & Remote Working - IT Perspective
- Alive Certificate for Pensioners 2020-21 to be submitted till 31st July, 2020 through offline/online mode
- Postponement of CSEET to Saturday, 29th August 2020.
- Advisory for Students and Members on Social Media
- Common problems and their solutions when paying annual membership fees
- Towards a Self-Reliant India: One Year of Modi 2.0
- Supportive Measures Undertaken by the ICSI during the Month of May, 2020
- Youtube link of the Webinar held for the students on Latest Amendment in the Company Law and Exam Approach by CS Vishhal Arorah on 8th May,2020
- Youtube link of the webinar held on 1st May 2020 by star Faculty CA Naveen Khandelwal on the topic - Tips for cracking the exam.
- Free Online Classes and Video Lectures by ICSI
- ICSI (Continuous Professional Education) Guidelines, 2019 applicable w.e.f 1st April, 2020.
- Free online classes organised by ICSI for Class Room Teaching Students
- Together we can, Together we will